News & Events
On & Off Trade Sales Representative
Astrum Wine Cellars is on the hunt for a Sales Representative to join our dynamic team of wine lovers. Founded in 1998, we are established and respected wine importers, agents, and distributors with a strong portfolio of Italian and European wines. We are proud to supply much of the premium UK On Trade as well as countless independent restaurants, bars, and a large portion of the country’s independent wine merchants and department stores. We are now on a mission to expand and develop our business with the addition of a new sales representative who can drive new business forward both inside and outside of London.
In the last 12 months, we have seen a big and exciting expansion of our portfolio, with a number of high-profile producers joining our existing agencies, cementing Astrum as one of the leading Italian Importers In the UK. We now need an experienced team member to assist us with our growth plans for the future. You’ll be a core member of our tight-knit team, responsible for targeting new business and implementing our sales and marketing plans. You’ll also gain great exposure to all aspects of our growing business. This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced and proven drinks salesperson: at least two years experience working within wine trade sales is essential!
Your job responsibilities:
- Sell and promote Astrum's Wine and Bar portfolios.
- Develop a new client base within and outside of London, generating new revenue to hit your sales targets.
- Maintain and develop an existing client base, nurturing some of our existing customers to increase their business with us.
- Manage customer relationships, run promotions and host tastings, all with a view to build a portfolio of loyal and happy customers.
- Build strong relationships and partner with key industry players, and customers such as sommeliers, wine buyers & journalists.
- Participate in Astrum's trade tastings, both physical and online
- Contribute to the development of Astrum’s sales activities, bringing new ideas for promotional opportunities
Who you are:
- You have at least two years of demonstrable On and Off Trade wine sales.
- You are target-driven and love working toward a goal, both individually and as part of a team.
- You’ve got a great network in the industry and you love nothing more than expanding it further.
- You love Italian wine.
- You have a full, valid, UK drivers’ license.
- You want to get stuck in and have a real impact on the growth of a small business.
- You are proactive, self-motivated & well organized; you take initiative in your work.
- You’re a natural people person, a storyteller, and someone who embraces developing & fostering relationships.
- You're resilient and competitive.
- You’re London-based, with easy access to our Mitcham office.
- You are able to travel outside London for work.
- WSET Level 2 or above
- You speak some Italian
- You’re tech-savvy
- Flexible and remote working
- Become a core member of a small and close-knit team of Italian wine specialists
- Laptop provided
- Mobile phone provided
- Great discounts on our portfolio of wines and spirits
- Learning and development opportunities
- Get to know some of Europe’s best winemakers and distillers
- Competitive salary with generous bonus structure
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in the position & possess the qualities set out above, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter of no more than 300 words, introducing why you think you're a good fit for the role.