Valtellina Superiore PR28

  • La Spia
  • Lombardia, Italy

Method & Production

The Nebbiolo grapes are 100% hand-picked. 65% of the grapes are fermented in stainless steel tank for two weeks at a controlled temperature with frequent delestages. The other 35% were fermented in 10HL French oak conical tank with Submerged cap maceration of skins for 3 weeks. The resulting wine is put into 5 and 20 HL French oak barrels for 30 months of maturation. Then aged in bottle for another 12 before release.

Tasting notes

Bright ruby red. Bouquet of cinnamon and sweet spicy notes, which evolves into red berry fruits such as strawberry, and raspberry, finishing with a slight scent of leather. Very smooth on the palate, Nebbiolo soft dry tannins which evolve with age. Warm and fragrant with a hint of sapidity at the end. Good persistence.