Picked in the cool of the morning. 50% of the fruit was crushed, and the remaining were whole berries, all destemmed into concrete fermenters. 40% was macerated for 24 days and then pressed to concrete for maturation. The remaining 60% was macerated for 54 days before being pressed to 700L Franch oak. Maturation in concrete and oak was 8 months total.
McLaren Vale Shiraz
- McLaren Vale, Australia
Method & Production
"Col McBryde is one of the best winemakers in Australia, I reckon. Spicy, exotic, blueberry and boysenberry pie, nutty and floral. It's medium to full-bodied, a great set of deep gravelly tannin and a distinct 'liquid mineral' feel to it, if that makes any sense, with cool acidity, and a ferrous and gently saline finish of excellent length, again those tannins are really impressive, finishing off the wine beautifully. And what value!" 95 points, Gary Walsh, The Wine Front (June 2022)
Code: AL0621Please log in to see pricesProduct Fact SheetDetails